RF Interference to other devices:
- CB and HF radios operating below 30 MHz can cause audio interference.
- The fault lies with the device such as: the telephone unit, Stereo, computer speakers.
- The wires to the speakers, phones, act like an antenna and put the radio RF back into the audio amplifiers.
- The speaker wires have to be filtered to stop this.
- It is sometimes difficult to tell the owner of the speaker equipment that it is their problem.
- The radio is seldom the problem. Industry Canada will confirm the situation.
- Problem can "sometimes" be cured or lessened by moving the antenna further away from the speakers/phone.
- Ferrite cores have to be put on the speaker wires (or telephone wires)to stop the problem.
- Ferrite cores are like a "doughnut" about 1.5 inches in diameter.
- The devices are unplugged and the wires wrapped through the Ferrite hole about 10 or more times.
- The core is put near the plug end or tried at the other end. Which ever works !!
- Ferrite cores are available at most Electronics parts suppliers.
NOTE: Prices are subject to change without notice.
We accept VISA and MASTERCARD as payments...
GST (Goods and Service Tax) at 7% is added to all sales, if you are outside Canada you can apply to the Canadian Government for a rebate of the tax.
PST (BC Provincial Sales Tax) at 7.5% is added to sales within British Columbia only.
Muir Communications Ltd.
WEB PAGE: www.muircom.com
You are visitor #....